Scenes of the Creek in Winter

My son has a new/used camera, a Christmas gift, and has been playing around, learning how to use it. I thought I would share some of these images he took yesterday. They capture quite nicely the farm and Potomac Creek on a dreary, late December day. 

It rained most of the day; dark clouds and temperatures hovering in the mid to upper 40s F (10-13 C). I note the temperature because, as you can see, the cold rain didn't stop an intrepid brown watersnake from getting around. I've seen such surprising winter behavior before, but never on a day this cool! I wonder if he's/she's looking for food, or just wants to relocate.



Enjoy the rest of the pics! They are random, and some aren't quite in focus. The closer you look, the more you'll see. But I love their moodiness. And one can't help but admire the fortitude of the birds that winter here. Nature awaits the warming sun. Potomac Creek is beautiful all year round.


















Comments

Most read post