New essay! Life on the Move

After an unexpected delay, the venerable environmental humanities journal The Trumpeter: Journal of Ecosophy has published "Life on the Move," my essay on the the so-called war on invasive species. You can read it here.

 

The blog's signature "garbird" is oddly happy! (R. Singh)

I wrote this essay maybe two-three years ago. Actually, reading through it for the first time since the final edits were approved, I over wrote it. How many edits (mostly stylistic) I gladly would make today! 

Still, this essay reflects many themes I am working out in my book manuscript, and I stand by its thesis -- developed through a novel discussion of military theory -- that the "war" on invasive species is largely unguided and rather pointless. The journal's editor communicated to me that the peer-review process was rather fraught; a third person had to be brought in to adjudicate. Fortunately, that person concluded my essay merited publication. My sincere thanks to my unknown benefactor! Attentive readers of this blog will also notice small passages lifted from my earlier blog posts, or perhaps from other places where my environmental work has appeared, like Pie and Chai magazine (which continues to excel in its coverage of "green"topics). In some ways, this essay is an amalgam.

But a good day. Please share widely, and comments always welcome. Be nice. We're all trying to figure this thing out, without a manual.


Comments

Most read post