note to readers

Dear readers of Potomac Creek,

I'm delighted by the recent uptick in interest in this blog -- several thousand visits in the last two months alone! Thank you! Serious nature and environment fans are welcome to follow me on twitter at  @3lions99, too.

Some readers who stopped by earlier may be wondering where their favorite posts have gone. Well, I'm in the process of submitting some writing to literary mags. Some of these mags -- not all-- require that the work in question does not appear anywhere else. I take this literally to include a (previously) obscure nature and place blog. So from time to time certain posts will be held back in "draft" status and invisible to you. If no mag accepts them, they'll return. If a mag does, then there will be a link to it here. I don't like doing this, since it takes off the table some of the more interesting blog posts. But dem's the rules and I don't make 'em. 

Onward!

Update: Good news! Acceptances mean some of the work you've seen here will be in print soon.

Update #2: I'm currently querying literary agents for a book manuscript. If you know a good one (or perhaps see one in the mirror), pass the word along. Karma happens!

Update#3: More good news! I've signed a deal with an excellent literary agent: Leslie Meredith of Dystel, Goderich and Bourret in far-off New York City. Much more to come...


 

Comments

  1. Hey, I'm a regular reader also! I think this is good stuff, worthy of being worked up into a book. I lived in the swamp for so many years but never realized how much history was in it. I'm not sure if I'd make a good beta reader, I may be biased, your call.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Most read post